Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kat Von D Underage Red Painted Love Lipstick


I got Underage Red in a lip set earlier this fall but never got to try it out. I was a bit afraid because I have never worn a "firetruck red". I'm more of a dark red or classic red kind of girl. I like reds with deep tones of blues. Cooler blues that are light and almost orange-y usually freak me out. Anything that looks coral or have tints of orange are my worst enemy. They make me look like I just ate a popsicle and I totally can't rock that look :c


Here's what KVD's "Underage Red" looks on my NC20/25 skin. I think it's slightly deeper than pictured (I put a new lightbulb in) haha. But I love it!

Underage Red is described as a bright crimson shade on Sephora's site. But, I'd say it's far from that. Bright? Yes. Crimson? No. This shade of right is super intense, bright and matte. It isn't a deep but it's very bold. It's the most "true red" shade I own, but it isn't "Snow White" Red. It is one of my favorites but it unfortunately doesn't suit me for just casual wear. If you're looking for a deeper red, try KVD's Hellbent.

On to the actual texture and lasting power...it's definitely silky as advertised, creamy, smooth but it definitely isn't moisturizing. It is slightly drying after a few hours. Thankfully, it isn't as drying as the "Foiled" series. But, it does settle into lines if you don't exfoliate your lips. Otherwise, I love it.

I'm not wearing any lip liner in this photo and I didn't have problems with it bleeding, but it does feather and fade after 4 hours and the staying power is less with food and water. So if you totally love this shade, I suggest trying to use some liner before applying this lipstick. 

So, is it worth the price? I'd say it's steep for the quality. There are dupes out there, I think "Hero" or "Chaos" would be good depending on your skin tone. I wish this lipstick was a tad deeper. I like this lipstick but it wouldn't be a repurchase for me. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 ashtyndakota., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena